This is a 2 1/2 story, side gabled 5 bay center chimney house probably built by James Goff ca 1788. It was originally at 17 Broad St. and was moved to its present site in 1950.
The windows have been replaced with modern 1/1.
The siding was originally clapboard and was replaced with wood shingles probably at the time it was moved. The rear half of the house is a vinyl sided 20th century addition.
The center chimney was probably removed at the time of moving and a smaller chimney constructed at the present site.
This was lot 14 of the 1768 Lyndon Plat and remained vacant until 1950.
As it appeared at 17 Broad Street in the late 1920s.
At 46 Broad:
1982, sold to Stanley and Mary Banalewicz. Book 124, page 7.
1958, sold to James and Jo-Ann Keys. Book 86, page 94.
1951, sold to Bridgit O’Neil and Peter McClure. Book 74, page 88.
1950, May 1, Edward Savigny sold to Albert Dion a lot with building. Book 75, page 475
1950, April 24, Alonso Vail sold to Edward Savigny a lot. Book 75, page 467
At 17 Broad St:
May 27, 1946, Deedbook 67, page 541. R.E.Rains Co. bought a lot with building.
March 22, 1879. Deedbook 12, page 25. Jeremiah Goff sold to Henry P. Goff for $750 land with dwelling bordered by Broad St. to the South and Manning St. to the West.
April 15, 1818, Deedbook 6, page 374. James Goff sold to Jeremiah Goff for $200.
January, 1786, Deedbook 3, page 48. Ezra Ormsbe sold lot to James Goff.