This is a 2 1/2 story Greek revival house built by John J. Bickner ca 1842. The interesting Victorian porch with astrological piercings was added later ca 1860. Bickner operated a cooperage on the South side of Wheaton St.
The windows are 6/6 wood.
The siding is wood clapboard.
The chimney is appropriate.
April 3, 1765, Deedbook 2, page 78. Josiah and Mary Lyndon sold to James Child lot 27 of the Lyndon plat of 1765 for 330 pounds.This lot contains the entire current lot 5-42.
Feb 1, 1832, Deedbook 11, Page 373. Nicholas Campbell estate sold to John J. Bickner a lot of land starting at the NE corner of Broad and Lyndon Streets and extending 158′ to the North and 50′ to the East for $200. The lot included the entirety of the current lot 5-42 (28 Lyndon St.) and the Western half of lots 5-41 (20 Lyndon St.) and 5-120 (24 Lyndon St.).
March 21, 1859, Deedbook 12, page 455. John J. and Mary Bickner sold to Jacob Sanders lot 5-42 for $1500.