This is a 1 1/2 story Gambrel colonial built by Thomas Eastabrooks ca 1765. It was owned by Nicholas Campbell, a participant in the Boston Tea Party who was born in Malta in 1732 and died in Warren on July 21, 1829.
The windows are wood 6/6.
The side is wood clapboard.
The chimney has been substantially reduced or replaced.
As it appeared in the late 1920s. Note that there was already an obvious chimney reduction.
April 3, 1765, Deedbook 2, page 70. Josias and Mary Lyndon sold to Thomas Eastabrooks lot 20 of the Lyndon plat of 1765 from Broad St. 78′ to the North and from Manning St. 50′ to the West for 280 pounds.
May 1, 1765, Deedbook 2, page 76. Isaac Cole sold to Thomas Eastabrooks lot 19 for 240 pounds.
December 26, 1817, Deedbook 7, page 64. Patience Eastabrooks (d.1816, widow of Thomas, d.1807) estate sold to Nicholas Campbell for $800 a lot with dwelling and barn bordering Broad St. on the South and Manning St. to the East. This lot contained lot 19 and 20 and extended 158′ to the North. This corresponds to the current lot 5-43 (23 Broad St.) and the East half of lots 5-41 and 5-120, then vacant.
June 1, 1840, Deedbook 12, page 18. Nathan and Louise Child sold to James Barnes lot with dwelling for $500.
May 17, 1856, Deedbook 12, page 398. James Barnes sold to George H.T. Bickner lot with dwelling for $1000.