This is St. Mark’s Church designed by the noted architect Russell Warren and built in 1830. The steeple has been removed and the building is about to be converted to a residence.
April 10, 1765, Deedbook 2, page 71. Josias and Mary Lyndon sold to Samuel Cole lot 37 of the Lyndon plat of 1765 for 535 pounds. This lot contains the Western half of the current Church site.
February 24, 1776, Deedbook 2, page 431. Josias and Mary Lyndon sold to Jonathan Wilson a lot between Broad and Queen Streets and from Lyndon St. 68′ to the West on Broad. This corresponds to lot 36 of the 1765 plat but the deed does not reference it.
December 15, 1828, Deedbook 7, page 480. Carr et al sold to Seth Peck land with a school house for $200. Described as running West on Broad St. 68′, North 140′ to Queen St., East 67 1/2′ on Queen to Lyndon and back to Broad St. This lot contains the Eastern half of the current Church site.