This is a 2 story side gabled colonial house with a later porch addition. It has a WPS plaque as the Simister House ca 1760. The Walling map of 1851 shows it occupied by Dr. Moore at that time.
According to local lore (and the RIHPC report of 1975) the core of the house was a very small mid 18th century house built on the corner of Washington and Lyndon. It was then moved to its present site around 1810 when 4 Lyndon was built. It was considerably expanded to the South and East during the 19th century.
The windows are wood 6/6.
The siding is wood clapboard.
The large central chimney has been modified and has visible B-Vent extensions.