This is an l8th century 1 1/2 story gambrel colonial with a 19th century bay window addition.. It was built by Benjamin Cranston ca. 1783. It was lot no. 5 on the 1768 Lyndon plat.
Note the similarity to 7 School across the street. The two look like they were originally built as mirror images of the same plan.
The windows are old 4/4 wood replacements.
The siding is wood clapboard.
The chimney has been reduced.
As it appeared in the late 1920s.
December 10, 1768, Caleb Carr estate sold to Josias Lyndon a parcel containing this lot. (DeedBook 2, page 207)
September 10, 1782, Josias Lyndon estate sold to Benjamin Cranston lot 5 for $33, milled Spanish. (DeedBook 2, page 520)